Monday, February 22, 2010

My Very First!

Hi! I'm new here, and i hope to gain friends soon.
Just like the others, I'm also one Filipina who wants to fly high.
I just graduated last march 2009 with a Bachelors Degree in Communication Arts and Advertising.
To be honest, I really don't know where to go after grad. haha. Luckily, a friend told me about a job opening in their company. I got hired immediately, it was just a small company but they were really generous with their employees. And I think that's the reason why they got bankrupted. Yeah! Now, I'm currently unemployed! sheesh! And now trying my luck in some airlines (local or international) as a cabin crew. =)


Yeah, indeed this is my dream job now. Really! A friend of mine invited me to apply with different airlines such as pacific jet, oman airlines, emirates and qatar. I still don't know what will happen in my application with pacific jet and oman airlines, we just gave them our resumes and they said they will just inform us regarding our application. We also applied for emirates and qatar but the lady at IPAMS (agency) said that we're already late for our application with emirates (just a few days) but she said we can check Qatar's website for the upcoming screening. Fortunately, the day after, Ms. Rocel of IPAMS invited me and my friend for a pre-assessment with Emirates Airlines. Wow, they gave us another chance! Ms. Rocel said siningit lang daw kami since sa Feb 13 pa naman daw ung screening with the Emirates Recruiters. Well, thanks!


We had our pre assessment at IPAMS office, we had some activities like self introduction and group discussion. She said that those who will pass the assessment will recieve an email from her. And yes! I got an email stating that I passed the assessment! She gave some instructions for the screening with the Emirates Recruiters.


Feb 13, 2010 we're about 56 applicants (shortlisted). First, they showed us a video presentation about Emirates and Dubai, it was really inspiring, I even got teary eyed while watching the presentation cause I know this is the job I want. Everything about the airline is everything I want. Really!


Stage 1: Group Discussion
-I passed! (I wasn't expecting it! But yey!)

Stage 2: English Proficiency Exam
-I passed! (oh my gosh, do I really have what it takes? I'm so overwhelmed!)

Stage 3: Group Discussion but with Higher Criteria (from 56 applicants, we were cut down to I think 20 plus?)
-I didn't pass. =(


I felt really sad that time because I know it was the last and final stage but unfortunately I didn't make it. And now, I'm really determined to continue what i've started. Hope my friend and I will go really far. Aja!


P.S.
I apologize for this post, I'm so drained (past 12 md) and I'm kinda lazy to explain all I've went through since days already passed and I've shared my story to a lot of friends and fam. I'm just posting this for the sake of writing my very first blog and offcourse I want to share my first experience with the dream airline because i know it wouldn't be the last. I'll still try my luck next time. That's all for now. bye! =)

by the way, i'll be going to Qatar's open day on feb 27. Hope to be shortlisted. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment