Sunday, February 28, 2010

QATAR Airways- Screening at Diamond Hotel

Feb 28, 2010

Weeee! I passed! And I'm for Final Interview tomorrow!

I hope this will be my time. I know I'm not a perfect person and I have my flaws, but I know God still has a better plan for me. If I've disobeyed him at times, I still believe in him and I know that his plan would show me the right way.

Up to now, I still can't believe I've come this far! I think a thousand applicants were there yesterday to try their luck. Only a hundred I think became short listed. And I'm one of them!

I'm in the morning batch, we were about 48-50. First, they played an AVP about Qatar/Doha. Then the recruiters introduced themselves and talked bout some things bout being a cabin crew and being in Doha. After that, we had the English Proficiency Exam. I can't remember how many items it was but it's composed of reading comprehension, vocabulary, time reading and essay. While answering the exam, they were also calling us one by one to test our reach. We should reach atleast 212cm (tip toes is fine). Then as we finished everything, they asked us to wait outside as they evaluate our exam. By the time we got back, only 15 of us were asked to stay for the next stage. The next stage was a group discussion, we were divided into 2 groups. They gave us scenarios and cases that we need to discuss with one another at a limited time, we also had one writer and a time keeper.  After that, someone has to speak for the group, may it be a volunteer or a person called by the recruiter. After which, we were asked again to stay a while outside so that they can evaluate us further. To my surprise, I was again called to attend the next stage which is the final interview! Wow! I can't belive it really! We were about 9 applicants (in the morning batch) who are invited for the Final Interview!. Yey!


This is the booklet they gave us during the assessment
and yes! I'm girl number 1. haha!

Note: Just do your very best with the Exam and be participative with the discussion. And once you are called by the recruiter to answer specific questions, make sure that it applies to you being a Cabin Crew. "Always do the right thing!"

Wish me luck for the Final Inetrview!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I would like to ask, what was the topic for the group discussion in the assessment day? :) And were you called by the recruiter to summarize everything? I hope to hear a reply from you soon! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its ok to apply as cabin crew in qatar airways with scars and already have a child? im 27 years old and im willing to apply as cabin crew.

    ReplyDelete